10 Things to Know about Timestrip
1. Timestrip has developed innovative time and temperature indicators that travel with healthcare products and provide a clear indication of time in use, or a breach in acceptable storage or use conditions. The disposable ‘smart’ indicators provide peace of mind, and alert operators to the need for intervention.
2. Temperature and time monitoring of pharmaceutical or other sensitive products is achieved throughout the whole cold chain, from manufacturer through transport and logistics to retailer and patient.
3. Summer temperatures are an especially important time for ensuring safe storage and shipping of medicines e.g. for pharmacists using home delivery. Patients have confirmation that goods have been safely transported.
4. When applied to temperature or time sensitive products, customer benefits include reduced product wastage, audit trail / traceability, and assistance in regulatory compliance.
5. Timestrip’s full range of liquid-based indicators are capable of monitoring time from one hour to two years, and temperatures from -4°F to 100°F (-20°C to 38°C). Electronic products are available which include devices that store data for download to smartphones.
6. Vaccine storage and shipments and transport of virus specimens are just two of many applications where hospitals need reliable temperature monitoring. The TL520 is a compact and economical ‘micro data logger’ that provides alerts when temperatures pass set limits, and provides an immediate irreversible indication of over- and under-temperature conditions using built-in LED lights.
7. The TL520 is a single use device with an accuracy of ±0.5ºC over the normal operating range. It requires minimal training in use, and can be used at any point in the cold chain.
8. Timestrip is a global company with 15 years’ experience designing and manufacturing unique products. It services customers around the world, direct and through a network of specially trained distributors.
9. The company’s own research and development team develops new products for bespoke applications. It has an IQC–approved certified manufacturing facility that conforms to ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 9001:2015. Regulatory compliance: Timestrip has a FDA 510K medical device for blood bag temperature monitoring.
10. Smart indicators from Timestrip provide peace of mind for healthcare professionals and patients alike.