What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or handheld device that collect and store visitor information and preferences. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, which we use to help us analyse how well the website is performing.
Cookies can be either ‘persistent’ or ‘session’ cookies. Persistent cookies are text files sent from a web server to a web browser, which are stored by the browser until its set expiry date, unless manually deleted by the user. Session cookies expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you and will instead collect general information, such as how users arrive at and use our website, or a user’s general location.
What cookies do we use?
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. If a subscriber opts to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to optimally experience the website.
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience.
We also use or allow third parties to serve cookies to enhance user experience including:
Can cookies be blocked?
Viewing websites with cookies enabled will give you the best browsing experience.
However, if you wish to disable cookies please see these instructions on disabling cookies using your browser:
• Using the wrench icon on the browser (usually in the top-right corner), open the tools menu
• From the tools menu select Options
• Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab from the menu on the left
• In the Privacy section, select ‘Content settings’
• Enable cookies: select ‘Allow local data to be set’ option
• Disable cookies: select ‘Block all cookies’ option
For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to Google’s page.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
• Click on Tools at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’
• In the options window navigate to the Privacy tab
• Enable cookies: Set the slider to Medium or below
• TDisable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to Microsoft’s page.
• From Tools at the browser menu and select Options
• Select the Privacy panel
• Enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
• Disable cookies: Uncheck at ‘Accept cookies for sites’
For more information, refer to Mozilla’s page
Safari on OSX
• From Safari on menu bar, select the Preferences option
• Click on ‘Security’
• Enable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
• Disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select Never
For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to Apple’s page.
All other browsers
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
This document was last updated on July 15, 2014