Seafood 38°F (3.3°C) Nonreversible TTI – C Bot Temperature Monitoring
Having consulted with the FDA on the product specification, Timestrip’s Seafood 3°C temperature monitoring labels make tracking temperature breaches in cold chain seafood applications a simple, cost-effective process.
Our seafood Time Temperature Indicators (TTIs) offer an extremely cost-effective C bot temperature monitoring solution in food standard and food safety monitoring. This is why our technology has already been adopted by a number of innovative businesses, who value our precise, efficient, user-friendly temperature indicator labels that help ensure effective cold chain management around the world.
AN ESSENTIAL TOOL IN MANAGING C BOT PREVENTION
Timestrip consulted with the FDA on our high-tech, low cost control for the hazard of non-proteolytic C bot growth and toxin formation in reduced oxygen packaged (ROP) seafood.
The aim of Timestrip® Seafood 3°C TTIs is to provide seafood processors and transporters with clear, unambiguous data as to whether the handling of any individual seafood product, that has or is being processed, adhered to C Bot prevention standards around cold chain management.
Boundary for Clostridium botulinum toxin liberation over a range of various storage temperatures as defined by the Skinner and Larkin relationship (Journal of Food Protection. Vol. 61. No. 9. 1998. Pages 1154-1160)
“A control strategy is now included on the use of Time Temperature Indicators or TTIs on reduced oxygen packages where maintaining the product below 38 degrees Fahrenheit is the only control to prevent nonproteolytic C. botulinum toxin formation.”FDA Fish and Fishery Products Hazards and Controls Guidance, 4th Edition
DESIGNED AROUND FDA GUIDANCE
- Temperature maintained below 38°F (3.3°C) from packing to consumption
- TTI on smallest unit of packaging
- TTI validated fit for purpose
- TTI verified that it is functional at the time of use
- Color change alert of unsafe time and temperature exposure has occurred that may result in C bot toxin formation
- Irreversible color change alert
- TTI receipt, storage, and application and activation should be identified as CCPs
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF TIMESTRIP SEAFOOD 3C TTI
- Flexible Use and Storage : Inert until activated so it can be stored at ambient temperatures and activated when required in the field.
- Reliable Evidence : Single use, irreversible and the temperature monitor is accurate to within +/-1°C/2°F.
- Targeted Decision Making : Small, light and cost effective enough to support the monitoring of many packs within a consignment; pockets of temperature abuse can be identified.
- Easy to Read : Visually clear and easy to interpret with no ambiguous colour changes, so handlers can quickly and confidently recognise temperature abuse.
- Quality Assured : Manufactured to ISO9001:2008, process and batch validated, and each indicator has a unique serial number for traceability. It is patented, safe and disposable.
- Cost : A low cost solution that requires no power. It is a cost effective and practical replacement for data loggers, with a shelf-life of two years as opposed to six months for similar products.
- Secure audit trail.
FDA Guidance: Reduced Oxygen Packaging – C. botulinum
|Temperature maintained below 38°F (3.3°C) from packing to consumption|
|Time-Temperature Indicator on smallest unit of packaging|
|TTI validated fit for purpose|
|TTI verified that it is functional at the time of use|
|Color change alert of unsafe time and temperature exposure has occurred that may result in C.botulinum toxin formation|
|Irreversible color change alert|
|TTI receipt, storage, and application and activation should be identified as CCPs|
Our products are manufactured under the controls established by an IQC approved quality management system that conforms with ISO 9001:2008 under certificate number: I7046
Get Timestrip PLUS Food samples today
Contact us today to enquire about Timestrip Seafood 38°F (3.3°C) samples. If you would like samples of multiple products, or have a general enquiry, please use our contact page.